Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Maya writing

I'm deeply interested in old writing systems. I've read several books on Egyptian hieroglyps and it's fascinating. I will post more on Egyptian glyphs in the near future. But after I've found a nice little book on Maya writing in a second-hand bookstore my new interest besides Egyptian glyps is the Maya writingsystem. The book from Morley I've found describes the Maya calendar and numerical system of date and time. It's a nice introduction. But if you want to know more, especially on Maya kings, rulers, gods and deities you need to search further. The first thing I do after getting excited on a book is searching the net for other sources on the subject; and I've found it. A very good site on Maya writing can be found here

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 18, 2005, Blogger a r n e l said...

Hoi,
mag ik misschien je email-adres weten. Ik heb een aantal vragen, maar dat zou hier in de comments te ver leiden.

bestofbothworlds@advalvas.be

 

Post a Comment

<< Home